HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Show Us Your Stuff- May 1st challenge.


Look at this awesome inspiration picture Show Us Your Stuff
is using for their May 1st Challenge


Using some new D-Lish goodies I received recently. 
The resin flowers - these are such good value,
if you buy them in a grab bag $1 for 25 assorted colours.
Tell me that isn't a bargain!
and this funky printed bottle top, which I took to with a hammer 
to flatten it out a little. ;)


and of course if i'm using D-Lish embellishments I can't go past the washi 
tape. There are so many designs to choose from and i'm always thinking of different ways
to use it.  So on this layout I made a border around the layout with small strips
and then because it looked a little too bright for what I was after I finger painted some white paint over the top of the washi.


The sponsor this month at Show us You Stuff is Charms Creations. Charm
sent the Design team a gorgeous pack of lollipops so these 
are my handmade item on this months layout.

As for my inspiration I used the book theme and journalled about 
my eldest son finally discovering joy in reading for pleasure.  
And not just something he has to do as
 homework!  He's going through books so fast these 
days I can't keep up, such a pleasure to see as a parent.
I also used some old book paper and black as my base as per the black 
border in the inspiration picture. 


Head on over to the SUYS blog and check out the other DT samples.
Lots of fabulous layouts to inspire you.

I still have a part three post coming with the rest or most of the rest of my retreat layouts.
So keep your eye out for that, 
Cheers for now. :)



5 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your work of late Leonie- will eagerly await Part 3 of yr retreat layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of black and white on the background! And all the embellishments make it appealing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! My new Leonie fave!!! Zowie!!! And I'm telling you THAT IS A BARGAIN!!! ;D TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome layout Leonie! Love the washi tape and the white paint on the black..looks great! Have a top weekend :))x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhhhhh love love love it as usual Chantal, Mel, Helene and Kel why don't you have a try at this month's challenge at SUYS?? Great prizes up for grabs

    ReplyDelete