HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Sunday, May 12, 2013

May- Kraft It Up

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers. 
I hope your day is special in some small way. 

Being Mothers Day, I thought this was an appropriate layout to share. A very special Mother 
to five children and seventeen grandchildren.
I've Scrapped a lovely picture of my late, dear Grandmother as a pretty young woman.


This is my layout for Kraft It Up for the month of May.
May is the month of VINTAGE at Kraft It Up!!!!
I guess this is as vintage as I could make it.  I'm calling it 'vintage with a modern, minimalist (for me) twist.' 
I used some techniques and embellishments from the Finnabair class I attended in March.
 I used a crafters workshop stencil and texture paste. Then added colour with distress inks and Artists Pigments by LuminArte - love the gorgeous rich colours you get with these pigments.
I added the lace and plenty of distressing to add to the vintage feel of the layout.
The mostly metal emballishments, are coloured with acrylic paints and more of the LuminArte pigments.

Thank you all for stopping by my blog.

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Wow Leonie this is just marvelous!! One of my faves of yours. Truly stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout honoring you Grandmother! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a layout!!! Love it. and love that it is about your grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It truly is magnificent Leonie! And, wow what a incredible background treatment. Your grandmum was a stunner. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh la la. This looks gorgeous. Love love the masking and the colouring. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your twist on Vintage!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh what a fantastic Vintage LO. A really wonderful way to remember your grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is absolutely stunning! I love the cluster at the top corner of the photo, those gorgeous warm colors and the masking and paint spots are amazing.. a really beautiful layout... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...simply gorgeous! I love your background with that template & colours. Thanks for playing over @ KIU :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! that is really striking! Love the vibrant colors on this! I am LOVING your techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Leonie! That masking is sensational! Thanks for sharing this beautiful layout with us at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous!! thank you for sharing and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete