HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Monday, April 28, 2014

'One Rainy June Afternoon 1998' - For Once Upon A Sketch and 7 Dots Studio


Hello all!
I had some time over this past weekend to do some scrapping and I decided to do the Challenge 
at Once Upon A...Sketch.   I've done a couple of the sketches here over the last months and I must say
I really like that they get me thinking about my journalling and ensuring it's meaningful.
I love scrapping for the pure enjoyment of playing with paper and and stencils and mediums -
yes all the fun messy stuff!  But it's easy to lose sight of the memory keeping side of scrapping amongst all that product so I'm thankful that this challenge is 
'keeping me honest' I guess you could say.
  
Here's the sketch for April.
Journalling Theme: "An event that changed my life..." 


I've also used the current challenge at 7 Dots Studio
 "April showers bring May flowers" 




Here's what I created. 
'One Rainy June Afternoon 1998'
I scrapped a current picture of my Husband and I but as you'll see further down it's about 
a mementous day we shared in 1998 which I have no pictures from - pre-digital - so we didn't take
thousands of photo's back then!
Another reason to be thankful for this challenge.  
I would never, normally have scrapped this memory because I had no photo of it!



 As per the flower theme from the 7 Dots Studio challenge I've included lots of flowers on 
my page.  Most of them I've altered either by adding Prima Chalk ink or Colour Shine sprays, layering them on top of each other and securing with a brad to make a larger flower. 



These close ups are of the background work using Izink inks and Luminarte Elementals.
On the background I've also used one of the newer Prima Stencils with modelling paste and 
rubbons for texture.





The papers layered behind my photo's are from the 7 Dots Studio, 
9th Wave collection and the base paper is from the 
Messy Head collection. 


  
Here's my Journalling.  There was a lot!! 
So I printed it out on three tags and stuck them together with tape so it can all be folded and slipped behind the photo.   I guess it's basically all about the day my Husband and I decided to commit to each other,  eighteen months after this day we got married and started our family.  
 It amazes me -because my memory of past events is usually not the best- that I can remember little details about this day so many years later. The rain, the football match - I guess it just shows that it was a pivotal moment in our lives. 




Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog.
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout of a very special time.. love your back ground details.. lovely photo too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....I'm sooo glad our OUAS challenges bring out that 'other' side of scrapping for you. And HOW!! Of course, your brights & texture is YUM...but the story....funny, this reminds me of that 'pre' marriage time that my DH & I did the same thing....it IS a pivotal moment:):) And I LOOOVE the way you've presented your journaling, too:) Thanks for joining us for this one:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I hadn't realised how much of a slack blogger I'd been...so many gorgeous layouts to view, thankfully a lot I've spied on facebook ;) Simply loving your creations, they just keep getting better & better, if that was at all possible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout. the journalling ... true love !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page and awesome journaling Leonie! What an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Leonie... this brought tears to my eyes... I made a very similar decision in 1979 ... it has been up and down and I am also pretty sure I made the right choice. A wonderful tribute to that man of yours and a beautiful layout. I agree the journalling keeps you real.Thanks for playing along with us again at OUAS this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyous and so special! Love the story and this page is such a gorgeous celebration to that decession! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leonie, this is such an amazing layout - from your gorgeous mixed media work to your beautiful story. So great that you told this fabulous story in your layout and journaling despite not having photos from that special day and how cool to use the love tags!! I’m so glad you have joined us for the April Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leonie, this layout is amazing for its texture, colours and what the journaling signifies to you!! thanks for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love this...your background looks amazing!! Thanks for playing along at 7 Dots Studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning background work!
    Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete