HOMEBIOGRAPHY RESUMEDESIGN TEAMS FAVE LINKS

Friday, January 17, 2014

Choc full of Chippie favourites

Hello Bloggers! 
I have a post today that is absolutely choc full of some of my very 
favourite layouts all created using chipboard.
This post is for the current Design Team call at Imaginarium Designs
They're not in any particular order because well I struggled to narrow it down to 10!
This first one has three different chipboard pieces on it.  Each piece has its own special treatment. 
Plain black ink on the title for a striking contrast, texture paste and paint daubers on the large flourish frame and a lovely pearl finish with liquid pearls for the birdie.

Doodling with a white gel pen on dark inked chipboard always looks so effective.
The chippie star type shapes on this page were actually flowers that I removed the stem
from and made them into funky looking stars.


This third one is filled with bursts of bright colours!  So, because I love brights, it easily made it into my ten favs.  I like how the B&W photo stands out against all the colour.  I coloured the alpha frame grey and highlighted my kids initials in different colours.  Most of the chipboard is painted with acrylic paints, some of them also coated with distress stickles for some sparkle.


Another bright one!
I guess you can see my style coming out here as we go along!
I covered some of the circular chipboard shapes on this one with Washi Tape.


I kept all the Chipboard on this page decorated in a uniform manner as there was so much happening on the background a coat of white paint and brown ink around the edges made the Chipboard jump out on this page as well as matching the cricket whites theme of the photo. 


Gold Leaf! A bit tricky to apply but on painted chipboard it gives a great effect.
I also used a metallic pen to outline the title chipboard. 


One of my all time favourite pages! 
The Chipboard on this one had a heap of different products applied.  Paint, Clear crackle medium, glimmer mist, chalk ink and finally some distress stickles.
Oh and some doodling with a white gel pen on the title!


I did this page when I first started playing with Distress paints. 
So the chipboard on this one has some texture paste then some little dabs of distress paint.


I did this page as my current layout for the Design Team at Scrap The Boys 
(still time to enter if you haven't already) ;) 
With this one I adhered the chipboard and embellishments to the base before coating everything with Gesso and then using various sprays, inks and stamping.   I had lots of fun with this page flicking and splatting (not sure that's a word but you know what I mean) paint and ink all over the place.


And lastly one of my favourite and most often used techniques with chipboard.
Texture paste dabbed on with my finger and then stamping over it with texture stamps.
Double the texture! Twice as nice! - just like my twinies here! 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing all the many ways I've used chipboard on these pages.
As always thank you so much for your comments. 
Much appreciated.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow Leonie these all AMAZING layouts...best of luck for the call but I am sure you won't need it xx

    ReplyDelete